Sunday, November 25, 2012

What Have We Here...?

I have rather depressing news to impart. You might recall the disease that Herr Doktor was experimenting with, and how it seemed strange that he should be experimenting at all.

Well, I believe to have discovered the cause. I have in my possession a sample of this disease, yet it did not come from Herr Doktor. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

As I passed through the Door, I was deposited in a cavern that, as far as I can tell, is either beneath the ocean or just above sea level. There is a well, for lack of a better word, near one side of the cavern. I explored it for some length, but I could not find the end. This leads me to believe that I am actually beneath the ocean, as the tunnel kept getting darker and darker as I proceeded. Eventually, I turned back and returned to the cavern.

I've been exploring it for quite some time, and there seems to be the ruin of a rather large facility here, from ancient times. There are half collapsed buildings, all made of the same rock which forms the cavern, which leads me to believe that it was reached through the Door and that this whole cavern is artificially made.

But again, I'm getting getting sidetracked. My purpose is that I have discovered several large containers of some sort of stone, marked with strange writings. Inside, I discovered a sample of the plague that Herr Doktor was using in Lacuna Urbis.

This leads me to conclude that Herr Doktor didn't have knowledge of this disease originally, which further leads us to two questions:

1. Why didn't the Lord of Disease know about this disease, and
2. Why was he experimenting with it? What did he hope to accomplish?

Alright, that was technically three questions, though one is more of a follow up question.

Hopefully this mystery can be cleared up soon.

Regards,
Mr. Dewart

No comments:

Post a Comment