Sunday, December 2, 2012

Retreat

Several events have come about to prevent me from returning to the cavern where I discovered the disease and to cause me to retreat back into the natural reality.

Firstly, Herr Doktor has returned to Lacuna Urbis. This alone was enough to make my survival instincts go into overdrive; I remember vividly what it was like the first time he came.

Secondly, we've lost contact with Mr. Benzene's submersible. His submersible has been in constant video contact with Dr. Evans's lab since the beginning of the descent, but as of 21:45 of last night, we have been unable to contact him. In addition, the remainder of his crew, five in total, have not responded to any sort of attempt at communications, from phone to telegraph (you might laugh, but we must be prepared for any possibility. Also, don't ask how we got a line to the submersible. You don't want to know.). 

Thirdly, and perhaps finally: the Hum seems to be distorting Lacuna Urbis. Buildings have been decaying and rebuilding themselves, and birds have been sighted throughout the city closest to the Door.

Needless to say, I'm leaving for the time being. I'll report back later.

Regards,
Mr. Dewart

No comments:

Post a Comment