Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Contact

We've received contact from Mr. Benzene. At about 6:30 this morning, Dr. Evans received a letter. Most of it is for Evans's eyes alone, but there was one thing he told me that I think should be shared:

... in addition, I've run across something else in the City that has made me greatly uneasy. Something, or someone, I should say. The mere sight of a person in the City itself is cause for alarm, as this area tends to be completely secure, certain events not withstanding.

However, this person was marked with "dB" upon a tattered sweatshirt on his back, a bag with the same mark on one shoulder and a large set of headphones was nestled on his head. His attire made me investigate more thoroughly, and I'm afraid that I grew too bold and he discovered me. We had a short altercation, and after mere moments, he was retreating  with several large cuts. 

However, I cut the strap of a bag and recovered it, which was my end goal of the fight. I investigated the contents more thoroughly and discovered something to set my hear ill at ease: pamphlets. Recruiting pamphlets to the homeless and "forgotten" youth of the outside world, encouraging them to join the "Listeners." 


This can mean only one thing: the followers of the Deep are more than just a possibility. I don't know what they intend to accomplish, but I'm not going to let them reach their goals, whatever they are. 

Ever your servant,
Benzene

P.S. Tell Dewart that I found the Empty Set marked in the Reactor. He might be able to dig something up.

Well, he is correct. I shall be investigating on the morrow.

Regards,
Mr. Dewart

No comments:

Post a Comment